Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Taking it Seriously

Lately I’ve been reading on the life of David. Last night I was reading when he heard of the death of King Saul. 2 Samuel 1:12 says that when David heard the news he “mourned and wept and fasted until evening…” David mourned for Saul. David wept for Saul. Saul, the one who tried and tried to kill him. Saul, David’s enemy. It looks like David took seriously loving his enemies. And, although I don’t have any enemies hunting me down, I wonder if I’m loving like I should. Loving the hurting, loving the lost, loving the broken and poor. I tend to neglect them in my prayer life. I don’t think to pray for them as often as I should. So I think it’s about time I start. When was the last time you prayed for hurting, lost, broken, and poor?

No comments :

Post a Comment