Friday, February 17, 2012

Waiting For You, Darling

Has anyone read I Kissed Dating Goodbye? Great book. But I must say it took a while to sink into my head and for me to really see what Joshua Harris was talking about when he wrote it. But now that I see…wow :). I’ve recently realized how utterly beautiful it is to wait for your future spouse. To go ahead and “kiss dating goodbye” and trust in God to show you the perfect spouse at just the right time. At my age there’s no need to worry about searching for a boyfriend anyway…God gave us the teen/single years for a reason and we should be using them to glorify Him and use them to grow in our faith and trust in Him.

So I decided I wanted to find verses that have to do with trusting God, being patient, waiting…

“Love is patient and kind; does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

We can use these teen/single years God has given us to pray for our future spouse. I have decided to trust God in finding my future spouse for me. I know God will find the perfect man for me…I ask Him often to prepare me for my future husband and to prepare my future husband for me. I also pray that he will be a polymog…

Pure
Obedient
Loving
Young
Man
Of
God

…polymog :)

I know that if I marry one day it would be God’s will for me to marry a man who loves God with all of his heart, and a man who is pure and obedient to Him.

Some more verses…

“Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him.” Psalm 37:7

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.” Proverbs 3:7

I give it to God, trust Him, and He will take care of it.

“The fear of the Lord leads to life, and whoever has it rests satisfied.” Proverbs 19:23

Now, I’ll admit I’ve got some pretty high standards for my future husband. And I know that the man God has picked out for me is far better than any man I could pick out. I’m looking forward to meeting him one day :).

You might wonder how you can not date and still find your future husband. That’s where, once again, trust comes in. I know that God will show me who He’s got picked for me in His perfect timing. I’m not sure how it will all work out…but God does, and He’s all who needs to know.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it’s wrong to date. God never said that. I wanted to share with y’all how God has shown me how beautiful it is to trust Him, wait on Him, and to know He will bless me in the end with the right spouse…if it’s His will for me to marry.

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is in the Lord.” Jeremiah 17:7


Join me today in praying for your future “darling”.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

*all italics in Bible verses are mine.

4 comments :

  1. very well said.

    I am a mom. My oldest is 26. We do the waiting thing too. He met his lifemate in college and they have now been married 4 yrs. You have probably heard lots of stories like this...

    Just wanted to share...

    Hope your week is great....

    hugs,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :). I found your blog and realized I have been following your daughter Lysa's blog. I like reading it, I like to read about the sweet letters from her sponsor children :)...they are both so cute!

    Haley :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks Haley! Lysa loves her girls. So many do not understand and our blogs give us the chance to share. Thanks for your comments...

    Much love,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I see you have met my mom. :) Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. Yes... I love my girls!! We sang " Our God" at our church yesterday too!! God is so cool!! :)

    Blessings,
    Lysa

    ReplyDelete