Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I’m back!

I’ve been pretty bad about making blog posts recently…I know. But hey :)…I’m here now!

Last week we had spring break and went up to VA and NC to visit some of my dad’s family. While we were there we went to the zoo. Here’s a few faces I hope bring a smile to your face today ;)…

IMG_5130

Chimpanzees! Isn’t the baby so cute? :)

IMG_5204

Imagine looking up in a tree and seeing this face ;)

Also while we were there we saw the movie Octoberbaby. It was soooooo good. It’s a movie about a teenage girl who finds out she was adopted…and an abortion survivor. It’s a beautiful movie with a beautiful message of the beauty of life and forgiveness. Definitely a must see!

Also while I’m blogging I want to wish everyone a belated happy Easter. What a beautiful day the Lord made to celebrate He is risen! Let’s praise Him again today that God sent His beloved Son to earth to die a cruel and painful death all for us. Don’t you find it amazing that God would come to us…to die? And not only to die, but to be whipped, beaten, and mocked. FOR US. I mean, we are far from perfect…we AREN’T perfect! So why would Perfect Himself come to us? He has great and beautiful love.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but will have eternal life.” John 3:16.

Jesus has overcome death!! He has overcome the world…

“I have said these things to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33.

Let your peace and joy rest in Christ today!

2 comments :

  1. Thanks, Shelley! I got the one of the baboon, but I think Lauren got the one of the chimpanzees. =)

    ReplyDelete