Thursday, June 7, 2012

Jesus in Psalms

I am currently reading through the Bible chronologically and am really enjoying it. I just finished reading through the gospels and it was interesting to read each author’s perspective and what each of them emphasized. With the reading plan I am using they suggest you read of Jesus’ crucifixion in each of the 4 gospels and Psalm 22 on the same day.

Psalm 22 echoes over and over of what happened to Jesus. I wrote down in my Bible journal verses from Psalm 22 then went to the gospels and wrote down verses that go along with the ones from Psalm 22. I want to share with you some of the verses…

“My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?” Psalm 22:1

“My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” Matthew 27:46


“…scorned by mankind and despised by the people.” Psalm 22:6

“And they cried out again, ‘Crucify Him.’” Mark 15:13


“they make mouths at me; they wag their heads” Psalm 22:7

“And those who passed by derided Him, wagging their heads and saying ‘You who would destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, save Yourself! If you and the Son of God come down from the cross.” Matthew 27:39-40


“they have pierced my hands and feet.” Psalm 22:16

“And they crucified Him…” Mark 15:24


“For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me.” Psalm 22:16

“Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the governor’s headquarters, and they gathered the whole battalion before Him.” Matthew 27:27


“They divide my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots.” Psalm 22:18

“And they cast lots to divide His garments.” Luke 23:18

Reading through the Bible chronologically has helped show me how the Bible is tied together and how everything connects. Reading Psalm 22 yesterday showed it even more…David, years and years before Christ even came to earth, wrote of things that happened to Christ.

If you have never read through the Bible chronologically I strongly suggest it. Check out this link and you can download a reading plan. You can also purchase the book Read the Bible for Life which will give you an overview and explanation of what you are reading that day.

Have a great weekend :)

No comments :

Post a Comment