Friday, July 20, 2012

Pretty Things

Internet.

Relationships.

School.

TV.

All of these and plenty more are all of the “pretty things” in life that can keep us from God. Many of these things can fill up so much of our time that we put them before our relationship with God. All of these things can be good, but God is better. Too many times I get distracted by so many other things that I put off my quiet time with God. Too many times I come up with excuses for why such-and-such is important, that I’ll spend my time with Him later.

I was studying Philippians chapter 3 yesterday. As I read I looked for the things God values and desires. I found in verses 19-20 that God desires us to set our mind on heavenly things.

“Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.” –Philippians 3:19-20.

The earth is not our home. As Christians our citizenship is in heaven…and that is where we should keep our focus.

The song below fits so well with this post…I guess it should because I partly got the idea from it ;).

No comments :

Post a Comment