Tuesday, July 10, 2012

There is No Plan B

“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” --Matthew 28:19-20

“How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in Him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!’” –Romans 10:14-15

Yesterday I finished reading Radical by David Platt. In his book he emphasizes that there is no plan B for the lost.

The Bible says the only way to God is through Jesus. What about those who have never heard His name? How are they to know?

The answer is simple.

Jesus called…no, commanded…for believers to go and make disciples.

There is no plan B.

Think back to Romans 10:14-15.

There is no plan B.

God has commanded every single believer to spread the gospel and make disciples.

I was thinking the other day that it seems that we think we have the hard part. We’ve heard the gospel, so we’re responsible to tell the billions around the world who haven’t heard. But then I realized…we don’t have the hard part. The lost do. They are the ones who will die and suffer for eternity all because we sit back and think that somehow everything will turn out okay.

Think back now to the end of the Matthew 28:20…"And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

We are not going into the streets, the jungles, the desert, the mountains alone. Jesus promises that He will be with us always.

Jesus never promised things were going to be easy. In fact, in Radical David Platt points out that if we’re living like Jesus the world will hate us. When Jesus was on earth people hated him. But even if the world hates us it’s not like anything is out of God’s control, it’s not like there is anything He can’t handle.

One of my favorite verses in the Bible proves that…
“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” –John 16:33

There should be a burden on our hearts for the billions of lost out there. We should be proclaiming to the world Jesus’ name.

I’ve wrestled some with what I can do. I can’t exactly hop on a plane tomorrow and fly off to Africa. But God has put me where I am now for a reason…I just need to pray and ask Him to reveal to me exactly what that is.

No comments :

Post a Comment