Friday, December 21, 2012

You Will Find Me…

IMG_2252

The verse above is a promise from God…but too often I don’t take Him up on His promise.

Sometimes I want to seek God…I want to draw closer to Him. But most of the time I am not trying with all of my heart. I don’t put everything aside to focus completely on Him.

“What shall I do with you, O Ephraim? What shall I do with you, O Judah? Your love is like a morning cloud, like the dew that goes early away.” –Hosea 6:4

I feel like I fit this verse almost perfectly. Now, I know this verse does not literally mean that Judah and Ephraim would love God only in the mornings, then turn away from Him during the day. But it serves as a good illustration for me. Too often I will have my devotions in the morning then go about my day not even thinking twice about what I learned. I’m like dew, I spend my time with God in the morning, but as the day goes on I’m not thinking about what I’ve learned and I’m not constantly in the attitude of prayer. I don’t always take God up on His beautiful promise…"You will seek Me and find Me, when you seek with all your heart."

I need to empty my hands…
So empty my hands
Fill up my heart
Capture my mind with you


No comments :

Post a Comment