Monday, November 10, 2014

Introducing Myself {To My Sisters}


I love to write, and I've had this on my mind for a while, to write to you girls. To my sisters. Yes, I have three sisters in my family who I am writing to as well, but I mean you, the person in front of the screen from which you're reading these words. I'm writing to all the girls out there. You may not have quite reached your teenage years yet, you may still be walking through them, or maybe you're thankful to finally be out of them. Wherever you are or whatever you're going through, I'm writing to you.

My younger sister has always been wonderful with kids; she loves them to death and can often be found holding a little one. I love children too, but have never felt such a passion for them like she has and have even felt a little guilty for it at times. But I've realized that's okay; children are her passion and you, sisters, are mine.

I want to start writing to you through my blog, sharing my heart with you. I'm no expert, and in the same boat as you, learning and changing every day...but I want to share with you the things God has been teaching me to hopefully encourage you.

I should start off, though, by introducing myself.

I'm prideful and selfish, constantly reminded of it because I'm constantly exhibiting those traits. It almost seems to be a pit I can't climb out of. I'm not here to say I've overcome it. I will never be able to, only God can do that, and I'm still learning.

I've struggled with insecurities, still do, as I'm sure most of you do as well. I guess you could say it comes with being a girl, but I'd rather us not put such a label on ourselves. I've searched for security in the wrong places as I know many of you have too.

I've been through heartache. I've been through those times where I've cried out to God, sometimes for years, and seemed to hear no answer.

You're probably sitting there labeling yourself as some of these things, or thinking up other labels. I could label myself with so many more, but labels have become another one of my problems.

I want you to know that I connect with you...not fully, there's no way I can know everything you've ever been through, or know from experience everything you've ever dealt with, but I'm here because I want to help encourage you. I hate the labels I see so many girls placing on themselves and I want us both to turn to God's Word and learn to take them off and replace them with God's truth.

I'm obviously a sinner, but I'm saved by grace. Because of this it is no longer my sin God sees, but Christ. A truth I want every one of you girls to know.

I'm also a dreamer. I've got big dreams for my future. I've got big dreams for this new series. Sister, I even have big dreams for you.

I dream of you becoming an amazing woman of God. I dream of you living life to the fullest, loving deeply, and laughing often. I dream of you dropping your chains and living the free life that God so deeply desires for you. I dream of you rising above the standards this world weighs you down with and instead live according to the Truth God reveals to us in His Word.

"Please hear me, Girl: The world has enough women who know how to do their hair. It needs women who know how to do hard and holy things." - Ann Voskamp

Let's dream together, shall we? Let's begin this series with big dreams and watch God grow them into something even better as He gives them wings and puts them to flight. Let's learn and grow together, because I know I'll be learning as well every time I write to you.

Girls, I want to hear from you. I want to hear your thoughts throughout this series. I want to know if you're learning and dreaming with me. I want to hear your dreams! I want to hear what God is teaching you! Comment below or email me, I truly would love to hear from you. Also, I'd love for you to share this with others so we can get even more girls in on the series :)

I'll be back with this series next Monday sharing with you a little more about me...in fact, I'll be sharing a long-kept secret.

Have a wonderful week :)

P.S. Be sure to never miss a post by following me on Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest! Find the links on my follow page above.

No comments :

Post a Comment