Monday, December 1, 2014

Thankful

It's a few days after Thanksgiving, and normally I'd be posting the next To My Sisters post, but my schedule hasn't gone as planned so I'll pick back up with the series next week!

This past year I've been blessed with so many reasons to give thanks. I'm obviously extremely thankful for things like food, a warm home, education, and access to basic life necessities that so many people go without. But today I want to focus on things a little less obvious so I'm sharing with you the top 4 things that come to my mind when reflecting back on the year.

My family...okay, I said I wanted to focus on things a little less obvious, but I can't list what I'm thankful for without mentioning them. I'm so blessed to have each of them in such an important and precious place in my life. They are my best friends. It's been a kind of crazy year, moving to a different state and spending 3 months in a two-bedroom duplex, but it's been an adventure and I'm so thankful to have spent it with them.




I want to especially bring up a very important family member. My great-grandmother. In her passing about a month ago I was able to reflect on her life and have realized the beautiful legacy she's left behind. She accomplished many of the dreams that I hope to accomplish. She traveled the world and she had a mission. Many times she traveled all by herself, smuggling Bibles into various countries and telling others of a Savior who loves them. Christ was at the center of her life and she loved Him with her whole heart. This Thanksgiving she's with the One who blessed her with much in order that she could give back much in return. I am only one of the many lives she touched throughout her 90 years on this earth.


Over these past few months I feel that God has drawn me closer to Him and taught me so many things! He's revealed more than ever His grace in my life. He's reminded me that my chains are gone and I have no reason to cling to them. He's reminded me of His faithfulness, even when I am not faithful, and He's reminded me of His promises. He is awesome.



I'm thankful for the sunsets I've seen this past year. I'm not sure if it has something to do with living at the beach or if I've never noticed them as much before, but I've seen so many gorgeous sunsets. God is the ultimate artist and reveals His handiwork in such beautiful ways.



Lastly, I'm thankful for my clients. I've been so blessed with many wonderful clients. Each person is so special and I have loved being able to capture them. If you are one of my past clients reading this, thank you! I am truly blessed that you would give me the honor to document a piece of your life. 



What are you thankful for?

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving,
and His courts with praise!
Give thanks to Him; bless His name!"
Psalm 100:4

No comments :

Post a Comment