Monday, February 2, 2015

When He Says "I Will"


When God says "I will," He does.

Many of us have grown up knowing in our minds that God keeps His promises. The Bible says it, our parents say it, our Sunday School teachers say it...but do we believe it? Most of us would say yes, so let's reword the question...do we live like we believe it?

This is the question that catches us. We read of God's promises often in His Word, but how often do we trust Him to fulfill them for us? Let's look at a few that can apply to our everyday lives...

"Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28

These past few weeks God has fulfilled this promise in my life. I came to Jesus, as He told me, and asked for rest and He was faithful to give it to me. Maybe you're stressed with school, hurting from a broken heart, or are going through some other difficult time in life and find yourself in desperate need of rest. Go to Jesus. With a trusting heart approach Him and ask for rest.

"Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" - Psalm 46:10

In a world where we're constantly discouraged by hurtful comments, see so many people living life without the joy of Christ, and we ourselves are daily caught struggling with sin it's easy to wonder where God is and what He's doing. We want relief from the struggles and pain. We want to see the world rejoice in the grace and redemption of Christ. In this verse God tells us to be still and know that He is God. Awesome, all-knowing, almighty God. We can rest in knowing this because next He promises that He will be exalted. He will rule this earth again. There will be no more tears, no more sorrow, no more pain (Revelation 21:4). Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord (Philippians 2:10-11). 

"But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find Him, if you search after Him with all your heart and with all your soul." -Deuteronomy 4:29

This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible. It must be the fact that God promises that we will find Him. He will not hide Himself from us. If you're feeling far from God, diligently seek Him with all your heart and He promises that you will find Him.  He longs for you to do this. 

Live like you believe He will answer His promises.

When God says, "I will," He does. 


Recent To My Sisters posts:

1 comment :