Friday, June 19, 2015

On the Mountain's Edge - China 2015


One of my favorite days on the entire trip was the day we drove up a mountain. We left the big city to visit a friend, who showed us his homeland. Standing on the mountain edge, with the wind blowing like crazy, we felt like we were on top of the world. Of all days this was the one I never even thought to bring a camera other than my iPod, but I don't regret it. No matter how good the camera, no picture could ever do justice to the beauty I saw that day. Some things you just have to see for yourself. I could write a thousand words or show you a million pictures, but unless you go yourself, you will never know what it feels like to stand on the mountain's edge and behold such beauty. It's moments like that in which you can't help but marvel at the Creator. 






We're back from our trip of a lifetime. One week ago we landed on American soil and I ran into the arms of my family, shedding a few happy tears to finally be with the people I love most. It's been crazy ever since we came back; my days have been full. It's hard to believe that almost two weeks ago I was climbing the Great Wall. Life seemed to have quickly shifted back to normal, but now I'm craving a chance to look through all my pictures, remember the stories, and reflect on my time there. I'll still be posting about our trip (there's so much more!) so keep checking back :)

More posts from our trip:

No comments :

Post a Comment